Software 5 0 0 N Y I did like it when it was compatible I bought this a loon time ago. No longer relevant. Not compatible with all the new software. Wish they would update it. I did like it when it was compatible. 2015-01-29
US 24904527 R2FDG8D9M6X5DY B006RHYGXC 217448528 Darkspore Limited Edition Software 5 1 2 N N my favorite game. directions how to play~ Errors my favorite game. directions how to play~ Errors? Can't play? Get help here. ~
If you are one of the Steam users having trouble getting the game to run, this \\"Help feature\\" is for you! There are a number of gamers out there who do not understand what to do in order to make the game run as it should. Understandably, they get frustrated and believe it to be broken. I myself had to do a little research before I could play. So take a breath and relax. Follow the steps below to get Darkspore going. (Note: I am not an employee associated with the makers of this game and may not answer subsequent questions or complaints. I am just a friendly gamer making an honest effort to help others enjoy the game. Good luck!)
1. Before we begin, you may want to disable any virus protection and/or firewall software that could interfere with the game server. Darkspore does require you to connect to EA's servers in order to play. So, it'd be a good idea not to bog down your Internet connection or processor while running the game. If you prefer, you can skip this step and try it later if necessary.
2. Run the game after it is finished installing. If you purchased this game through Steam as I did, you should get a message box that provides you with the product key. Copy this key to a document and keep it in a safe place! You may need it in the future, should anything happen to your game account.
3. The game will display a window that contains recent news updates. At this time, it will also apply any available game updates. In the upper right corner of the window are the words Server Status. If the light there is green and the words beside it say \\"Sever is Online,\\" you will be able to push the \\"Play\\" button to move on. If it is red, however, it will say \\"Server is Offline\\" and you won't be able to continue. Don't panic if the light is red. It's likely that there was some interference due to heavy Internet traffic or such. Simply exit the game and reload until you get the green light to go ahead.
4. At this point, the game will display the Login screen. This is where most people will run into a brick wall (yep, I hit it too). If you have never made an account with Electronic Arts, you will probably notice that there is an option on the menu labeled \\"Register.” Convenient, right? Wrong! Do not use this option unless you want to get error messages. Does this mean that the game is broken? No. A number of years have already passed since Darkspore was first released. At some point in time, EA updated its login system. This means that you will have to go directly to the website in order to create an account and to activate the game.
5. Exit the game and head on over to EA's login site, Origin[[...]]. Use the \\"Sign up now for free\\" option to create a user account. Keep in mind that whatever name you provide for the account will be displayed to other players when you are in Darkspore. Please also be aware that the email you provide should be a permanent one, as it will be your primary means of logging in.
6. Alright! We now have a user account set up with Electronic Arts. Remember that product key we copied? We're going to use it to activate Darkspore so that the game will let you in when you enter your information at the Login screen. Before we do that though, you need to verify your new user account. You will notice a menu on the left-hand side of the account screen under the avatar picture. Click \\"About Me,\\" and a screen will load with options to make changes to your account information. There will be a highlighted message that gives you the option to verify the account by email when clicked. Use the email it sends you to do so.
7. You are now ready to activate Darkspore using your new account. Do not attempt to activate the game from within Darkspore or you will be greeted with new error messages. In your account, find and click Redeem Product Code on the menu. Type orpaste the product key from step 2 into the box. Once it is entered, a picture of Darkspore will be shown and you will need to confirm the product by hitting the \\"Next\\" button.
8. Run Darkspore and return to the Login screen. Use the email address and password from your account. Congratulations! You've just unlocked Darkspore! Give yourself a pat on the back and get ready to have some fun. (Note: Darkspore can be accessed directly through Steam. When logging in to play, use the information from your new account with EA. You do not need to download EA's Origin software in order to play.)red, a picture of Darkspore will be shown and you will need to confirm the product by hitting the \\"Next\\" button. 8. Run Darkspore and return to the Login screen. Use the email address and password from your account. Congratulations! You've just unlocked Darkspore! Give yourself a pat on the back and get ready to have some fun. (Note: Darkspore can be accessed directly through Steam. When logging in to play, use the information from your new account with EA. You do not need to download EA's Origin software in order to play.) 2015-01-29